If you suffer from dental anxiety or have special needs, sedation dentistry is one way to have a much more pleasant experience at the dentist.
Many people experience dental anxiety. There are several reasons why a person may feel this way. It is generally caused by a bad or painful dental experience in the past. Others have anxiety because they have a tough time sitting still or suffer from a sensitive gag reflex that makes treatment unbearable.
If you suffer from dental anxiety, you may make excuses not to visit the dentist, but your dental health may suffer as a result. The Dental Anesthesia Center can help. Sedation dentistry is one way to have a much more pleasant experience at the dentist.
Ways Sedation Dentistry Can Help
Nearly half of the people with dental problems avoid dental care because of their fears and anxiety. Modern, safe anesthesia techniques allow the fearful patient to have dental procedures accomplished without the stress of going to the dentist.
Some of the ways sedation dentistry can help include:
- Helps the appointment go by quickly – This is especially true if you have an extensive treatment that may take a little time to complete. Oral sedation will help you feel incredibly comfortable and relaxed. You may fall asleep for a while, and before you know it, your appointment is over.
- Helps with low pain threshold – People perceive pain differently. Some individuals have difficulty getting numb. The perception of pain can be altered with general anesthesia and sedation techniques. Patients can be virtually pain-free during treatment.
- Helps those with special needs – Individuals with physical or mental disabilities can achieve complete dental care in a comfortable setting. Sleep dentistry provides a safe and effective way for special needs patients to receive the dental treatment they need.
- Helps those with severe gag reflex – Some patients may suffer from a severe gag reflex and cannot have dental care completed with local anesthetic. Using anesthesia services can eliminate the problems caused by an active gag reflex.
- Helps never miss an appointment – Dental anxiety and other issues often prevent patients from getting dental cleanings and other necessary dental care. Missing dental appointments may result in a minor problem getting worse. With sedation dentistry, you can get the preventive dentistry you need to keep your mouth healthy and take care of problems early on.
Have a Positive Experience
We understand patients who have had bad or painful experiences at the dentist. We also understand patients with special needs that may prevent them from getting their dental care. At The Dental Anesthesia Center, you can say goodbye to stressful, uncomfortable, and unrelaxing dental visits.
We have the Only Board Certified Dental Anesthesiologists in the State of Missouri, including the St. Louis Metro Area. We value our patient relationships, making it our priority to deliver the gentle dental care you and your family deserve. We work hard to make you feel at ease by providing exceptional patient care in a relaxed, convenient atmosphere.
Call Us Today
The Only Board Certified Dental Anesthesiologist in Missouri, including the St. Louis Metro Area.Call (314) 862-7844