Taking care of your teeth with routine exams and maintenance can help prevent the need for expensive dental treatments down the line.
According to the American Dental Association, cost is the number one reason people avoid going to the dentist. However, most patients don’t realize that postponing dental care can cost more money in the long run.
To illustrate, it’s important to consider the difference in cost between a standard dental check-up and a more complex procedure such as dental implant surgery or a full mouth reconstruction. Taking care of your teeth with routine exams and maintenance can help prevent the need for expensive dental treatments down the line.
Consequences of Avoiding Dental Care Due to Cost
Avoiding dental care due to cost concerns can have serious consequences for oral health and overall well-being:
- Dental Issues Escalate: Delaying or avoiding necessary dental treatments can lead to the progression of dental problems, potentially requiring more extensive and costly procedures in the future. Dental problems, such as cavities, gum disease, and tooth decay, can worsen over time if left untreated. What might initially be a minor issue could escalate into a more complicated and expensive dental condition.
- Tooth Loss: Untreated dental issues can lead to tooth loss, significantly impacting a person’s ability to chew properly and affecting their self-esteem and confidence.
- Pain and Discomfort: Untreated dental issues may cause pain, discomfort, and difficulties in eating and speaking, affecting an individual’s daily life.
- Spread of Infection: Dental infections, if left untreated, can spread to surrounding tissues and even into the bloodstream, potentially leading to serious systemic health complications.
- Compromised Oral Health: Neglected oral health can lead to gum disease, cavities, tooth loss, and other dental problems, impacting the overall health and aesthetics of the smile.
- Emergency Dental Visits: Ignoring dental problems may lead to sudden and severe dental emergencies, which often require more extensive and costly treatments than preventive care.
- Health Complications: Poor oral health has been linked to various systemic health issues, emphasizing the importance of regular dental check-ups and preventive care.
Avoiding dental care due to cost concerns can have serious and potentially severe consequences on an individual’s oral health, overall well-being, and quality of life. To address the cost-related reasons for avoiding your dental care, contact The Dental Anesthesia Center.
How We Can Help
The consequences of avoiding dental care due to cost concerns extend far beyond oral health. Neglecting dental issues can lead to a downward spiral of escalating problems, negatively affecting an individual’s overall health, well-being, and self-esteem. Individuals must recognize the long-term benefits of investing in preventive dental care and seeking timely treatment for any dental problems.
Contact The Dental Anesthesia Center for assistance getting the dental care you and your family need. We foster lasting relationships with our patients by prioritizing patient care and accommodating individual financial circumstances.
Call Us Today
The Only Board Certified Dental Anesthesiologist in Missouri, including the St. Louis Metro Area.Call (314) 862-7844