You can still enjoy your daily cup of coffee with Invisalign treatment. Here are some tips to help you.
If you love coffee and wear Invisalign, then you probably wonder if it’s safe to drink hot coffee while wearing them. So, is it safe? Well, we hate to break it to you, but the answer is a resounding no. But it’s not all bad news; you can still enjoy your favorite beverage by making a few adjustments to your daily routine. But before we get to that, let’s look at a few reasons why you shouldn’t drink coffee while wearing your Invisalign.
- Invisalign trays are usually made of a thermoplastic material that melts under high temperatures. Therefore, when you drink your hot coffee while wearing your Invisalign tray, it will melt and deform. Unfortunately, this means your Invisalign tray won’t achieve its intended purpose, which is to straighten your teeth.
- Coffee is a strong beverage and is one of the most common causes of stained teeth. When you drink your coffee while wearing your Invisalign, it will stain your teeth as well as your Invisalign tray. This ends up ruining your beautiful smile.
- Coffee contains sugar and creamer, two ingredients that contribute to tooth decay and cavities. This is worse for people who drink coffee with lots of cream and sugar. Drinking coffee with your Invisalign tray traps sugar and creamer between your teeth and the Invisalign tray. This can lead to tooth decay and cavities.
Invisalign Coffee Drinking Rules
You can still enjoy your daily cup of coffee with Invisalign treatment. Here are some tips to help you along.
- Always remove your Invisalign tray before you drink your coffee. And remember to put them in a clean and safe place.
- Try and drink your coffee in a short time. Dentists recommend wearing your Invisalign mold for 22 hours daily for the best results. So as much as you want to sip your coffee slowly and enjoy it, avoid taking too long. Instead, keep your coffee break short. 15 to 30 minutes is enough time to enjoy that cup.
- Maintain your regular oral hygiene routine. Whenever possible, always brush your teeth after drinking your coffee. This will help remove particles stuck in the Invisalign tray and also prevent staining of the teeth.
- Avoid adding creamer and sugar to your coffee. These two are the biggest culprits when it comes to tooth decay and cavities.
- Drink lots of water. Taking water and swishing it around your mouth after your cup of coffee will rinse out any particles from your mouth and freshen your breath.
Get Your Invisalign Today
Invisalign treatment is a great and effective way of achieving that smile you’ve always wanted. Are you in St.Louis, Missouri, and looking for the best dentist for Invisalign? Look no further than The Dental Anesthesia Center. We offer professional and practical Invisalign services. Call us today and schedule your Invisalign appointment.
Call Us Today
The Only Board Certified Dental Anesthesiologist in Missouri, including the St. Louis Metro Area.Call (314) 862-7844