Sean M. Thoms, DMD, MS – St. Louis Sedation Dentist & Dental Anesthesiologist
Dr. Thoms was born and raised in northern Illinois. He received his Bachelor’s degree from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville in 2008, his Master’s degree (M.S.) in Biomedical Science from Barry University in 2009, and his Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) from Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine in 2013. After graduation from dental school, he attended a three-year Dental Anesthesiology residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) which certifies him to provide deep sedation and general anesthesia for dental procedures by the Missouri Dental Board. He is a Diplomate of both the American and National Dental Boards of Anesthesiology and holds faculty positions at the University of Pittsburgh and Saint Louis University.
Dr. Thoms has a primary focus in treating children and patients with special healthcare needs such as autism, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, and Alzheimer’s disease.
In his spare time, Dr. Thoms likes to run, golf, and waterski. He also enjoys spending time with his wife, Michelle, his two daughters, Lexi and Quinn, and his son, Owen.
Call to Schedule 314-862-7844
Credentials and Memberships:
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Bachelor of Science (B.S.), 2008
- Barry University, Master of Science (M.S.), 2009
- Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine, Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.), 2013
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Certificate in Dental Anesthesiology, 2016
- Diplomate, American Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Fellow, American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists
- Fellow, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Dental Association
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Pittsburgh
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Saint Louis University
- Missouri Dental Association
- Greater St. Louis Dental Society
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)