At The Dental Anesthesia Center, we are a haven for all our patients, especially those needing extra attention and care.
It’s common for many patients to feel threatened when going to the dentist. Many people struggle to sit through a single visit. This is especially true for patients with Asperger’s Syndrome. They are generally unable to sit in the dental chair for long periods of time. However, they need dental cleanings and checkups just like everyone else.
At The Dental Anesthesia Center, we are a haven for all our patients, especially those needing extra attention and care. If you or a loved one have Asperger’s, you understand how difficult a dental visit can be. That’s why we offer a wide range of sedation dentistry options to make your visit easier and more comfortable.
Patients with Asperger’s Syndrome
Asperger’s Syndrome (AS) is one of a group of neurological disorders on the autism spectrum. AS is considered to be on the mild end of this spectrum as many with AS are classified as high-functioning. However, most people with AS may be socially awkward and have difficulty communicating.
Patients with AS may experience the following:
- Compulsive behavior
- Repetitive movements
- Social isolation
- Poor coordination
- Persistent repetition of words or actions
As a result, patients with AS often have a difficult time going to the dentist. Depending on the patient, it can be difficult for any number of reasons.
Helping Patients with AS
We treat each of our patients with the utmost care. No matter what your special needs is, we make sure your experience is safe and comfortable. We offer:
- Comfortable Consultation – Your initial consultation will take place in a comfortable non-dental room. You can enjoy your first appointment with no commitments.
- Customized and Gentle Dental Assessment – We will complete a full assessment of your current medical conditions and medical history so that we can get to know you better and understand your unique needs.
- Personalized Plan – Our compassionate team will work with you to develop a personalized dental treatment plan, including your dental sedation options. We will determine the best way to make you feel safe and comfortable during your treatment.
- Sedation Options – We offer a wide range of safe sedation options. The type of sedation best for you will be determined by what treatment you need to be done, your medical history, and your current medical needs. When you come in for your appointment, Dr. Hoffmann, Dr. Thoms, or Dr. Daugherty will decide which level is best for you.
The Dental Anesthesia Center
If you or your loved one needs a dentist who helps patients with Asperger’s syndrome, contact our office today. We specialize in special needs dentistry. We are happy to serve your unique needs and look forward to meeting you!
Call Us Today
The Only Board Certified Dental Anesthesiologists in the State of Missouri, including the St. Louis Metro Area.