Prevention is Key
Our program is designed to help prevent new cavities, preserve teeth that have been restored and manage periodontal disease.
Both natural teeth and teeth with restorations survive best in an oral environment that is clean and where the intake of harmful foods is controlled. Our program is designed to help prevent new cavities, preserve teeth that have been restored and manage periodontal disease. At the initial visit oral hygiene instructions are reviewed and are reinforced at subsequent recall visits.
The following are helpful recommendations:
- Brush your teeth twice a day in a circular motion with a soft bristled toothbrush aimed at the gum.
- Floss every night in an up-and-down motion while keeping the floss in a U-shape and against the tooth surface.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid sticky sugary foods.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Use antiseptic and fluoride rinses as directed.
- Have sealants placed on young permanent teeth.
It is possible to prevent tooth decay and risk of periodontal disease by following these basic standards of good dental care and by visiting your dentist for routine check-ups and cleanings.
If you are fearful of going to the dentist and have moderate to severe anxiety as a result, The Dental Anesthesia Center is here to help. Whether you need a routine check-up and cleaning, or more extensive dental work, we make it our priority to deliver gentle dental care that you deserve from sedation dentists. We work hard to make you feel at ease by providing exceptional patient care in a relaxed, convenient atmosphere.
Call us today to schedule your appointment by calling (314) 862-7844. We look forward to meeting you!