Online Dental Education Library
Our dental team strives to improve the overall health of our patients by focusing on preventing, diagnosing, and treating conditions associated with your teeth and gums. Please use our dental library to learn more about dental problems and treatments available to you . If you have questions please call us at 314-862-7844
There are many methods for relieving oral pain. They include:
- Ice packs on the affected area.
- Avoiding hard candy or ice.
- Avoiding sleeping on your stomach.
Dentists use a wide array of pain management tools, including:
- Anesthetics such as Novocaine.
- Analgesics such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Sedatives, including a procedure known as "conscious sedation" or general sedation (also known as "deep sedation").