Who Can Benefit From General Anesthesia Dentistry (Sleep Dentistry) and Sedation Dentistry? Patients With:
- Fear and Anxiety: Nearly half of people with dental problems avoid dental care because of their fears and anxiety. Modern, safe anesthesia techniques allow the fearful patient to have dental procedures accomplished without the anxiety associated with dentistry.
- Low Pain Threshold: People perceive pain differently. Some individuals have difficulty getting numb. With general anesthesia and sedation techniques, the perception of pain can be altered. Patients can be virtually pain-free during treatment.
- Active Gag Reflex: Some patients may suffer from a severe gag reflex and are unable to have dental care completed with the use of local anesthetic. Using anesthesia services can eliminate the problems caused by an active gag reflex.
- Extensive Treatment: Completing dental treatment under general anesthesia can eliminate the need for multiple visits.
Patients Who Are:
- Special Needs: Individuals with physical or mental disabilities can achieve complete dental care in a comfortable setting. Sleep dentistry provides a safe and effective way for special need patients to receive the dental treatment they need. Patients will have a complete exam, full mouth series of x-rays (pictures of teeth), and a thorough cleaning while under general anesthesia.
- Young Children: Children who are experiencing anxiety and are unable to cooperate for needed dental treatment can benefit from anesthesia services.
Call to Schedule 314-862-7844